Explore

Monday, April 7, 2014

Backyard Bird Photoshoot!

Backyard Bird Photoshoots

Sometimes, when the air is warm and the breeze is soft, I like to sit for a half-hour or so roaming around my tiny, messy backyard and shooting birds.

I really like to shoot birds. It's one of my favorite activities. Especially when you shoot a really rare or beautiful bird!

With a camera, of course (In all probability, someone is going to read just the above three sentences and go on a two-hour rant). Despite what people think, point-and-shoots can take good pictures.


Lesser goldfinches are one of my favorite subjects. 
This big, bad, goldfinch isn't afraid of the thorn bush!

Lesser Goldfinches are plain but beautiful at the same time.


Hummers come up next. 
Half of the photos I take in the backyard are of hummingbirds. 

This little, bad, hummer isn't afraid of the thorn bush either. 
A male Allen's Hummingbird shows off his gorgeous gorgets to the ladies. 

To take this shot, I had to learn the habits and timing of this feisty little male. 




Last but not least, the beloved MODO! 

This pair shamelessly gets into it all the time on my fence.


Next time you're tired and don't want to go anywhere, why not just take a chair, grab a camera, sit outside, and start watching and taking photos of birds?


-chiccadee






1 comment:

  1. Beautiful hummingbirds! Allen's yes?

    Great last sentence!

    ReplyDelete